Go to Website Terms and Conditions
We are committed to protecting our Users’ privacy. Trustlations.com uses industry standard efforts, such as firewalls, to safeguard the confidentiality of your personally identifiable information. However, as all security measures are subject to possible circumvention, we cannot and do not provide any guarantees regarding the effectiveness of the security we employ or our ability to prevent third parties, acting unlawfully, from obtaining information that you provide to us. Trustlations cannot, and does not, guarantee that any personally identifiable information provided to us will not become public under any circumstances. You should appreciate that all information submitted on the Website might potentially be publicly accessible. Trustlations cannot ensure that your identity, telephone number, work or home address and other personal identifying or contact information will not be discovered by other Users of the Website. Important and private information should be protected by you. Trustlations encourages all Users to maintain a pseudonymous identity when using the Services provided by Trustlations.com or any other public aspects of the Website.
We use your personal information to provide the Services we offer: Your profile, language skills and User name are displayed in order to facilitate User interaction and for purposes of our matching Services. With the exception of inviting friends and certain notifications, a User e-mail address is not shared or displayed.
Members may communicate between themselves using Trustlations.com translation project pages, without disclosing their e mail addresses, PayPal User names or any other method of communication, including phone, Skype, FaceTime, ICQ, AIM, MSN Messenger, Google Talk, WhatsApp, etc.
Trustlations.com may launch public discussion forums for the Users to interact. Please remember that any information that is disclosed in the course of using the Services provided by Trustlations.com and/or participating in any of the public pages available via the Website becomes public information; accordingly, you should exercise caution when deciding to disclose your personal information.
We may use personal information for auditing, research and analysis to operate and improve the Services we offer. We will not share your information with third parties, with the exception of the following:
- We may provide information to Language Services Providers to help us bring you the Services we offer. Our Language Services Providers may have access to your personal information for use in connection with business activities.
- We may be required to disclose User information pursuant to lawful requests, such as subpoenas or court orders, or in compliance with applicable laws. Additionally, we may share account or other information when we believe it is necessary to comply with law or to protect our interests or property. This may include sharing information with other companies, lawyers, agents or government agencies.
- If the Ownership of all or substantially all of the Trustlations.com business or assets were to change, your User information would likely be transferred to the new Owner(s).
- We may share with, disclose or sell to third parties aggregated information, which does not reference individually identifiable Users.
If you do not want to receive promotional electronic communications from Trustlations.com, please submit a request by e mailing us at email@example.com. We will make reasonable efforts to implement any choice you make as soon as possible; provided, however, Trustlations reserves the right to send you certain communications relating to the Trustlations.com Services, such as service announcements and administrative messages without offering you the opportunity to opt out of receiving them.
This Website may contain links to other websites. Trustlations is not responsible for the Terms and Conditions including the privacy practices of other Websites. We encourage our Users to be aware when they leave our Website, and to read the statements of each and every Website that collects personally identifiable information.
Trustlations.com Users may modify or remove any of their personal information at any time by logging into their account. For technical reasons, any modifications or deletions which you request may take a short period of time to take effect. If you change or delete any of your personal information, Trustlations.com will remove the old or deleted information from public view; however, as aforementioned, we may keep such information archived indefinitely.
YOUR FLORIDA PRIVACY RIGHTS
If you are a resident of the State of Florida, United States of America, you may have the right to request from companies conducting business in Florida a list of all third parties to which the company has disclosed Personal Information during the preceding year for direct marketing purposes. Alternatively, you may opt-out (which we may sometimes refer to as “unsubscribe”) or opt-in choice for use of your Personal Information by third parties (such as advertisers or affiliated companies) for marketing purposes, the company may instead provide you with information on how to exercise your disclosure choice options.
For questions regarding privacy you can send an e-mail to the Privacy Administrator at firstname.lastname@example.org.
All requests sent via e-mail must bear the subject labeled “My Florida Privacy Rights” on the subject line and clearly stated on the actual request. For all requests, please include your name, street address, city, state, and zip code. (Your street address is optional if you wish to receive a response to your request via e-mail. Please include your zip code for our own recordkeeping.) We will not accept requests via the telephone or by facsimile. We are not responsible for notices that are not labeled or sent properly, or do not have complete information.
GENERAL PRIVACY INFORMATION
This Site is designed and targeted to U.S. audiences and is governed by and operated in accordance with the laws of the U.S. We make no representation that this Site is operated in accordance with the laws or regulations of, or governed by, other nations. By your participation in our Site activities, you certify that you are at least 18 years of age. If you are located in the European Union or elsewhere outside of the U.S. and you participate in activities on this Site, you do so at your own risk and initiative, and you, not us, are responsible for compliance with any applicable local and national laws. Please be aware that any Personal Information you provide to us or we obtain as a result of your use on this Site will be transferred to the U.S and subject to U.S. law. By using this Site, participating in any Site activities, and/or providing us with your Personal Information, you consent to
- Collection and Use of Personal Information. When we use the term “Personal Information” we mean information such as your first/middle initial or name and last name, street address, town or city, state, zip code, telephone number, instant messenger nickname, blog or other personal website URL, date of birth, e-mail address and any other information that would allow someone to identify you or contact you. Personal Information also includes information about your personal preferences, survey responses and your transactions or relationship with us, if you have been a customer or you have provided this type of information to any of the Parent Companies. For example, to the extent we offer such services, if you order any of our various Products (as defined in the Website Terms and Conditions Agreement), in addition to your name and contact information, we will also collect and maintain your billing address, shipping address, Service requests, your order number, and information about your computer’s internet address and website which may have referred or directed you to the Site (e.g., the referring URL).
We collect Personal Information about you when you visit the Site and input information, whether you are registering to use any services, features or functions of the Site, participating in Promotions (as defined in the Website Terms and Conditions Agreement), ordering or purchasing Services or in the course of any other exchanges of information, transactions and activities. We may use the information we obtain from you, including Personal Information, to tailor your experience on the Site, to display content we think may be of interest to you, or to let us customize what you see when you visit the Site according to your preferences.
It is your responsibility to give us current, complete, truthful, and accurate information and to keep the Personal Information that you provide to us up to date. We cannot and will not be responsible for any problems or liability that may arise if you do not give us accurate, truthful or complete information or you fail to update the information you give us.
You are solely responsible for maintaining the strict confidentiality of your user name and password, if user registration is offered on the Site, and for any charges, costs, expenses, damages, liabilities and losses we incur or may suffer as a result of your failure to do so. You, and not us, are solely responsible and liable for your activity, behavior, use and conduct on the Site and for any use of the Site or any other activity or conduct in connection with the Site, by any others who use your user name or password, unless and until you notify us that your user name or password may have been compromised, misappropriated or improperly taken, or used by another party. Bear in mind that when you submit information to us, it does not guarantee that we will permit you to use any or all of the features or functions of the Site.
- Collection of Personal Information During Registration or In Connection with Certain Features and Functions. During registration (and possibly at certain other times to enable your use of other features or functions or for security purposes), you will be required to provide us with certain information about you in order for us to allow you to use the features and functions that we may offer on the Site, such as postings, user-generated content features and purchasing of services.
- Collection of Personal Information in Connection with Promotions. There may be a registration process which will require the submission of your first and last name, street address, city, state and zip code, e-mail address, telephone number and date of birth. Additional Personal Information may be requested depending on the specific Promotion, but submission of such information may be optional. The Promotion’s entry page and/or Rules will provide the specific requirements. You may also have the opportunity to opt-in to special Promotions or offers from our Advertisers in connection with many of these types of Promotions.
- Use of Personal Information in Connection with Promotions and Offers; Opt-out Procedures. We, or our Affiliates, may contact the Site’s registered users or other users that have registered for or participated in various Site events, Promotions, or transactions, or we may send offers for the purchase of services that may of interest to users.
You may also use the opt-out mechanism that is contained in an e-mail or text message. However, we, or our Affiliates, may continue to contact you via e-mail for administrative or informational purposes, including follow-up messages regarding the administration of any services, features or functions you have enrolled in or registered to use, any Promotions you have participated in or have entered, services you have ordered, or other transactions you have undertaken with the Site.
In the event that we, or our Affiliates, unknowingly send an e-mail or text message to a child (a person under the age of 18 years) who has registered with any functions or features of the Site in violation of the Site’s Agreement, the child or the child’s parent or legal guardian always have the right to unsubscribe (opt-out) from receiving future e-mails or text messages via the unsubscribe mechanism contained in the e-mail or message, or to request termination of the child’s registration and status as a registered user with the Site. The same unsubscribe process is available to a parent or legal guardian of a minor (a person under the age of 18 years old), or the age of majority in your state
- Use of Communities/Forums. If you use any of the Communities’/Forums’ features and functions made available on or through the Site, please remember that any information disclosed in these venues is automatically made public. You should exercise caution when disclosing any Personal Information in the Communities/Forums, as you do not know who will access and use your Personal Information or for what purposes. The Site and the Parent Companies are in no way responsible for the accuracy, use, or misuse of any information that you disclose or receive through these venues and you should assume that any disclosure you do make in these venues will be available publicly, even without your knowledge or authorization.
- Accuracy and Confidentiality. It is your responsibility to give us current, complete, truthful and accurate information and to keep the Personal Information that you provide to us up to date. We cannot and will not be responsible for any problems or liability that may arise if you do not give us accurate, truthful or complete information or you fail to update the information you give us.
You are solely responsible for maintaining the strict confidentiality of your user name and password, if applicable, and for any charges, costs, expenses, damages, liabilities and losses we incur or may suffer as a result of your failure to do so. You, and not us, are solely responsible and liable for your activity, behavior, use and conduct on the Site and for any use of the Site or any other activity or conduct in connection with the Site, by any others who use your user name or password, unless and until you
notify us that your user name or password may have been compromised, misappropriated or improperly taken or used by another party.
Bear in mind that when you submit information to us, it does not guarantee that we will permit you to use any or all of the features or functions of the Site.
- Keeping count of your return visits to the Site or our Parent Companies’, Affiliates’, Advertisers’ or partners’ sites; • Accumulating and reporting aggregate, statistical information in connection with the Site;
- Determining which features users like best; and
- Saving your user name, your password or other information so you don’t have to re-enter it each time you visit the Site.
and ask questions directly of them in this regard. Use of Advertisers’ tracking technology is subject to their own privacy policies.
Although we may track the numbers of visitors to inform us on how best to update the Site and enhance the experience for all visitors, Personal Information is not extracted in this process. We use tracking information on an aggregated basis to help us operate the Site, enhance and improve our service, improve the look of the Site and display advertising and marketing information. You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie or image tag is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all such devices. This is done through your browser. If you turn cookies off, you may not have access to many features at the Site that make your Internet experience more efficient and enjoyable, like the features mentioned above, and some of our other services will not function properly.
- Co-Branded Services and Features. The Site may also offer co-branded services and features, such as events and Promotions (that we put together with another company or our Affiliates (“Co-Branded Partner”). Such services and features may be hosted on the Site and/or our Co-Branded Partner’s website. We may share your Personal Information with our Co Branded Partner and your voluntary use of or participation in a co-branded service or feature means that you opt-in and give your affirmative consent to both the Site and our Co-Branded Partner to collect and use your Personal Information provided during the registration process and/or in connection with the specific co-branded feature or service for the fulfillment of the feature or service and for marketing or administrative purposes. If you wish to opt-out of a Co-Branded Partner’s future use of your Personal Information for marketing purposes, you will need to contact the Co-Branded Partner directly. The Co-Branded Partner will be identified on the co-branded feature or service. Registered users that participate in certain services relating to Postings, such as user video uploads, agree to have certain Personal Information posted on the Site or, if such feature is offered in connection with a Co-Branded Partner, on our Co-Branded partner’s website in connection with the display of the uploaded video and posted on any platform that the uploaded video may be posted. Registered users that upload videos may also be required to submit additional Personal Information.
- Operational Service Providers. We also have the right to disclose your Personal Information to third parties for the purpose of administering and maintaining the Site’s services, features, functions and operations. We will refer to these third parties as “operational service providers”. We use operational service providers to efficiently provide the full range of content, activities, services, features and functions we bring you and we request that our operational service providers also protect your privacy and not disclose your Personal Information or Sensitive Personal Information to third party marketers that are not associated with this Site or Trustlations. Additionally, such providers are not permitted to use your Personal Information or Sensitive Personal Information for their own marketing or promotional purposes.
- Other Non-Affiliated Third Parties. We will make your Personal Information and Sensitive Personal Information available to non-affiliated third parties in the following limited circumstances:
- When we are compelled to do so by a governmental agency, court or other entity (e.g., to respond to subpoenas, court orders or legal process);
- If, in our sole discretion, we believe such disclosure to be necessary or appropriate to investigate or resolve possible problems or inquiries, to protect our business and assets, to defend our interests and/or to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations; or
- In the event of a bankruptcy, merger, acquisition, transfer of control, joint venture or other business combination involving us, or our Parent Companies or Affiliates.
Security & Protection of Personal Information. We maintain reasonable standards of security and confidentiality. However, for most Internet sites, it is possible that third parties may unlawfully intercept or access transmissions or private communications over an unsecured transmission. We also limit access to the Site by our own employees to those individuals who are authorized for the proper handling of such information and any employee found violating our standards of security and confidentiality will be subject to our disciplinary processes. We request that our operational service providers follow the same policy.
Phishing. Phishing attacks attempt to steal consumers’ personal identity data and financial account credentials. “Phishers” use ‘spoofed’ e-mails to lead consumers to counterfeit websites designed to trick recipients into divulging Sensitive Personal Information such as credit card numbers, account usernames, passwords, and social security numbers. WE DO NOT SEND EMAILS ASKING YOU TO PROVIDE OR CONFIRM SENSITIVE PERSONAL INFORMATION OR YOUR USERNAME OR PASSWORD! If you receive such e-mail communication, please forward it immediately to the Site’s Privacy Administrator at email@example.com, and then immediately delete the fraudulent e-mail from your computer.
Review, Update or Delete Your Personal Information. If you wish to review Personal Information collected for Promotions, you will need to contact the Site’s Privacy Administrator via e-mail with a request at firstname.lastname@example.org and be prepared to provide verification of your identity. Personal Information collected for certain Promotion are subject to corporate and regulatory recordkeeping requirements and will not be deleted upon the user’s request, unless the User is a child under the age of 15 years old.
Children under the age of 15 that are unknowingly registered for any of the features and/or functions of the Site are in violation of this Agreement. Parents (including legal guardians) of children that registered for any of the features and/or functions of the Site in violation of the Agreement who wish to terminate their child’s use of such features and/or functions may send an e-mail to the Privacy Administrator that includes the parent’s name, address, telephone and e-mail address, in addition to the child’s name and e-mail address as submitted on the Site, plus the child’s date of birth. The parent must also provide verifiable identification that they are the parent of the ineligible child. Trustlations or the Site’s operators will send a confirming e-mail to the parent via the e-mail address provided to verify that the parent wishes to terminate his or her child’s use of the applicable feature or function of the Site. The parent must then confirm by sending a reply e-mail to the designated return address. Trustlations will then terminate the child’s privileges but will notify the child of the termination request via e mail and will identify the name, address and e-mail address of the person making the request.
We reserve the right to deny access, use and Site’s privileges to any user, including a registered user, of any services, features or functions of the Site if we believe there is a question about the identity of the person trying to access the user’s account or any services, features or functions. And if the burden or expense of providing access to your Personal Information is disproportionate to the risks to your privacy, or if the legitimate rights of others would be violated, we may decide not to provide access to such information. In such cases, we will provide to you an explanation of why access cannot be provided and
a contact person for further inquiries.